How to prepare Marks Maine Mussels
For a savory Mussel dish, try this classic Maine-style recipe. Have some french bread available for soaking up the delicious juice.
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of chopped scallions
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring chicken stock and white wine to a simmer (use large sauce pan)
- Add butter
- Add Mussels once butter has melted
- Once Mussels begin to open, add scallions
- Cover for one minute
- Be sure to get a baguette for dipping into the broth….YUM!
Special Note: our Maine Mussels arrive alive. If you have an open mussel, this means they could be simply relaxing. Pick up that mussels and give it a little squeeze and it’s mouth should close. If it does not close, discard. If a mussel does not open upon cooking, no worries, you can still open that mussel and eat the meat. ENJOY!